Triple X Blackberry Raspberry Dairy-Free Ice Cream
I’m going to start this by not appologizing. :) Because frankly, booze and ice cream seems to be a magic combination and I am so loving finding new ways to mess around with it!
Its raspberry and blackberry season, so, a nice dairy-free ice cream to finish the meal is just perfect. This one freezes more stiffly than the other’s I’ve made- I tried increasing the fat content to prevent that, but uh… putting in coconut oil was a bad idea, the first round. Since the fruits are watery, the oil didn’t blend with them, and instead turned into sand like grains of crunchy gritty chunk. Eugh. So, don’t add in oil to change the freezing tendency. You might wish to try using some agar agar (about 2 -3 tsp of the powder) during the fruit simmering phase. That might be the perfect solution.
Ok, here’s the recipe!
Triple X Blackberry Raspberry Ice Cream
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups almond milk (nut free: hemp milk)
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup honey (Vegan: 1 1/2 cups agave nectar)
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (Nut free: 3 cups non dairy milk plus 2 tsp unflavoured gelatin or vegan agar agar powder and 1 tbsp tapioca starch)
- 3 shots blueberry grappa (Mirtillo), or Cassis liqueur
- 2/3 cup smooth almond butter, or cashew butter (Nut free: 1/2 tsp xantham gum plus 2 tsp maple extract)
- Put the berries, vanilla bean, maple syrup, coconut milk, almond milk, honey together in a deep sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer, and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla bean, add in the bananas and the almond butter/cashew butter, and puree. (Use a hand blender if you can, its the easiest). Swirl in the alcohol.
- Pour into parchment paper lined loaf pans and freeze.
This recipe is similar to:
- Dairy Free Boozy Amaretto Ice Cream
- Dairy Free Raspberry Chocolate Mocha Ice Cream
- Dairy Free Mad Mango Ice Cream
- Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream with Rhubarb Swirl
This recipe would go well with:
- Dairy Free Gluten Free Rhubarb Cheesecake Pie
- Gluten Free Egg Free Molten Chocolate Brownies
- Gluten Free Apple Pie
- Gluten Free Vegan Dramatic Date Nite Chocolate Cake