Gluten Free Corn Free Tortilla Chips
I have been wanting to do this for SUCH a long time!! Every time I just wanna dip, or have something salty and crunchy to snack on, I’m at a loss. There’s nothing. And really, I don’t consider mindlessly chewing on salt free rice cakes trying to pretend they are delicious just isn’t going to frikken cut it anymore.
Enter the tortilla chip! This is more like a pita chip, actually, but, frankly it dips so well I don’t care. Making them is super simple.
- 1 recipe of soft tortillas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pesto
- sea salt, to taste
- Prepare the recipe for soft tortillas.
- For a fat-free version, simply eliminate the oil from the skillet in the tortilla recipe, and let the dough bake until crispy.
- For the pimped-out version, keep reading ;)
- OK, so, brush the cooked tortillas with the olive oil. Cut in half, then in thirds or quarters so you have triangular pieces. (ooh, try using hot pepper olive oil !)
- Lay on a cookie sheet, sprinkle salt over them.
- Roast in the oven at 350 for about 10 min (check on them so they don’t burn!) When they are golden and brittle, they’re ready.
- Now kick it up a notch and brush those babies with some pesto, and throw them back in the oven for another 5 min. beaaaaaautiful!!
This recipe is similar to:
This recipe goes well with: