This is a quickie cause I’m running a wee late this morning (quel surprise)… and yipes I gotta edit these photos… But the recipe is super delicious and ridiculously easy so I’ll post now, edit the pics later… So, Kitchen-Phobes, yet another classic for your repertoires! Easy, yummy, and impressive for any guests. Whenever my mom makes these we polish them off in record time…
4 ingredients- magic.
Mom’s Basil Beans
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed off
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the beans, and blanche them in the hot water for 4-6 minutes (test one at the 4 minute mark to see if its the consistency you like or if it needs further cooking. Fresh beans- less time. Older beans or end of season beans- more time.) Anti-candida: make sure your beans are as close to raw as possible.
- Drain the beans and run under cold water or place in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking.
- Toss with olive oil, basil and salt. Donezo! deeee licious!!