Gluten Free Vegan Banana Snacking Cake (xanthan free, sugar free)
Good morning peeps!
I have a new cake for you- its a snacking cake. Whats a snacking cake?? A snacking cake is slightly more sturdy than a regular cake – it holds together well, but still has a light crumb. Its a touch less sweet than regular cake and so its perrrrfect for breakfast. Serve it with fresh berries… or if you want, you can use it to soak up your non dairy latte. yum.
This cake is the result of my attempts to work on a new cupcake recipe- um…which I need to have ready by tomorrow for my girl B’s birthday. *cough* no sweat. I swear. (eep).
Now, on to some cake. I have a backlog of recipes coming up and this one will start. :D
Banana Snacking Cake
Gluten Free, Vegan, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Gum Free, Sugar Free
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk ( or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/3cup + 2tbsp grapeseed oil (or another super light oil)
- 1 1/2 vanilla bean (or 2 tsp extract)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp agar powder (Non-vegan: unflavoured gelatin)
- 1/3 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1/2 cup and 3tbsp white rice flour
- 1 cup coconut sap (or sugar, or other solid sugar replacement)
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup almond flour (either re-grind Bobs Redmill in a spice or coffee mill or get it from JK Gourmet or Honeyville)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix the wet ingredients first to give the agar powder or gelatin time to soak. Blend with a hand blender or in a food processor to mash up the banana well and mix it up.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then sift them.
- Add the wet to the dry. You’ll notice the dough is a touch stiff, this is ok.
- Pour into a lined 8 inch round cake pan and bake at 375 for 20 min.
- Wait until completely cool before serving.
- Donezo! Happy times :)