Dairy-free Amaretto Ice Cream (a little boozy ;)
Of all the dairy-free concoctions I’ve messed around with so far, this one has got to be the most “I refuse to appologize for those calories”! Seriously. Who knew adding booze to an ice cream mix would turn it into heaven. I have half a mind to redo all my recipes …haha…
What I find so surprising about this ice cream is that it remains a soft serve, no matter how long you freeze it (errr… i guess thats because of the alcohol…lol..) . Its cold, creamy, thick, luscious and definetly boozy.
If you aren’t dairy free, then, get your basic vanilla ice cream recipe and add the alcohol and almond extract directly to it. I’m thinking that should be promising. :)
On to the recipe! I think you’ll be surprised at the ingredients….
Boozy Almond Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup melted honey (Vegan: use 1 cup agave nectar and 1/3 cup maple syrup)
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 1/4 cups cashew butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Amaretto Di Saronno
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Ok, so basically you’re going to throw everything in the blender. However, to prevent the splattering mess I made last night, I’d suggest you start with the thick ingredients first and then gradually add the thin. So, start with the cashew butter, dates, and coconut milk, then gradually add the rest of the ingredients. I found that heating and melting the honey and cashew butter helps alot with this process.
- Puree until smooth. Pour in a loaf container or container of your choice, and freeze over night.
- This would be terrific with bitter chocolate drizzled over top, or a shot of strong hot espresso and some amaretti biscuits to make an affogato, or caramel drizzled on top or maple syrup. You could even mix this with marshmallows to lighten it. Or increase the almond milk and decease the cashew butter. Maybe throw in some chocolate chips. Regardless, this is some seriously luscious ice cream- servings no larger than a shot glass will fill you. Trust me. (*staggers to the door*). ;)
This recipe would go well with:
This recipe is similar to: