Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie (raw, vegan, GF, paleo)
Its time for another breakfast smoothie! I’m all over this one- the combination of chocolate and blueberries is kinda heavenly…
You’ll note there’s modifications for both the raw and non-raw versions.
Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie
NOTE: if you can, use a frozen banana- they”re sweeter. :) This post is going to be a short one because I have 3 new recipes I’m typing up today and holy moley I’m short on time! Anyhow, this was my breakfast and I’m tellin ya. Starting your day off raw is terrific. And the avocado! Wow. It totally gives a dairy texture to the smoothie.
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (they’re small and sweeter)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder Non raw: 2 tsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 small whole avocado, peeled, or half a large one
- 1 tbsp raw cashew or almond butter Non raw: 1 tbsp almond or cashew butter Nut free: omit
- water, enough for blending
- optional: honey or dates to taste for sweetener
Blend it up! You’re done!