I love unusual fruity drinks on a hot day… this one is unique- it has a slight tartness, its fruity but not over whelming, and for the adults there’s a little kick at the end. If you can, choose the unsweetened cherry juice. And if you really don’t want to buy and juice a bunch of limes, then just eliminate the honey and maple syrup and galliano from the recipe, and add instead a container of limeade concentrate. This recipe is an adaptation from the original found at She Wears Many Hats .
Some additional ideas: add in soda water to make a punch, or eliminate the water altogether from the recipe, freeze it and make a great sorbet!
- 1 jar cherry juice
- juice of 7 limes
- 6 additional limes, sliced
- 1/2 cup honey (or agave nectar)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 cups water
- 3 shots Galliano liqueur (OR 1-2 tsp vanilla)
- 1 vanilla bean, split down the middle
- Juice the 7 limes, add to the cherry juice. Slice the other 6 and add to the mix.
- Warm the honey and maple syrup in 3/4cup of the water so they dissolve together, split and scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean, and add the seeds and pod.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients.
- Chill and serve!
This recipe is similar to:
This recipe would go well with: